http://teahabs.blogspot.co.uk/ about home Image Map

new

new

Friday 5 October 2012

Two Minute Teahab

Last night was the Cosmo Blog Award Party! So today I'm nursing a sore head in the studio, drinking lots of coffee, and getting excited over the prospect of a baked potato. (very excited) I've got to say, the best part of the evening was meeting so many other fantastic bloggers from so many different categories. I must admit, I'd never visited a lot of the blogs from the shortlist, but I'm planning on getting through a few this evening and post my favourites later.

In today's Two minute I've experimented a little with spray paints and dipping ink to create the effects on the shrink plastic. I haven't used sand paper on these (mostly because I'm lazy) and also because I wanted to created a textured effect with the paint reacting to the heat as well.





Instructions:
Using the template from this necklace DIY cut out two triangle in clear shrink plastic / cut out a smaller triangle from the middle, leaving around 1cm boundary / spray, paint or draw onto the shrink plastic / heat according to instructions (read my guide here) / attach the triangles to chain using jump rings.

Have a great weekend. I'm back on Sunday with my Cosmo blog party outfit post and a few sneak previews from our first photo shoot for Check my box. Fran xx

4 comments:

  1. I finally want to try shrink plastic now, haha, I've passed by it so many times in the aisles.
    And I can't wait to see your Cosmo outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that effects! And I'm still looking for shrink plastic, but my city...seems to be not interested in DIYs :D
    lg lici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not that easy to find around here either. We normally go for the internet. Give it a go!

      Delete





Pin It button on image hover